Welcome on the website with the only add-on for Thunderbird and Seamonkey which will add access to you Exchange calendars, contacts and Global Address List (GAL). It is an add-on for the Lightning Calendering Add-on and will allow you to communicate with an Exchange 2007, 2010 and 2013 server using the Exchange Web Service (EWS) interface.
You can access any Calendar, Task or Contacts folder on the EWS server in an easy way. And also manage your “Out of Office” settings.
- Version 3.2.x for Thunderbird 12 up to 23 (tested up to and with 23).
- Version 3.1.x for Thunderbird 6 up to 17 (tested up to and with 17).
- Version 3.0.x for Thunderbird 6 up to 17 (tested up to and with 17).
- Version 2.x.x for Thunderbird 6 up to 14 (tested up to and with 14).
- Seamonkey 2.6.1 – 2.20.
- Lightning add-on
- This add-on.
- Access to an Exchange Webservice Server (EWS) with an username, password and/or primarySMTP or email alias.
- The Exchange Webservice Server of Exchange 2007, 2010 or 2013. Or that from Microsoft Office 365 (see FAQ for howto).
The latest stable version (3.1.3 released 25th of October 2012), which can be newer than on the Mozilla repository, can also be downloaded from this site: Exchange Calendar and Tasks addon for Thunderbird Lightning (Version 3.1.3) (36042). If you find problems please report them to the bugzilla. What has changed please see Release notes 3.1.2 (1985).
The latest development version (3.2.x) can be downloaded through this link: Development version 3.2.0-Beta28 (128). Because of it’s development nature some new functionality might only work half because it is still in development. Or it is a bug fix which is still in it’s testing phase. If you find problems please report them. See Reporting Bugs. What has changed please see Release notes 3.2.0-Beta28 (49). (On GitHUB this is the “master” branch)
Changed in version 3.2.0-BetaX:
- Completely new Event Interface. We now use our own which is an extension of the one default in Lightning.
- New TimeZone function for matching between the Exchange TimeZone and the Lightning TimeZone.
- Almost complete rewrite of task/todo handling.
- It will now try to show the Exchange time zone for the start and end times as close as it can match it to the one in Lightning.
- Added the Exchange SOAP Autodiscovery functionality. This will be used first and when it fails it will fall back to the old POX Autodiscovery.
- Can follow redirectAddr response from Exchange.
- Will try Basic authentication as default when available.
- Fixed problems with opening attachments when having multiple items open.
- Adjusted reminder configuration to what is possible in Exchange.
- Address autocompletion for composing emails or adding attendees to calendar event.
- Showing of icon/image for contact in address book.
- Added Exchange Task details.
What can it do:
- Sync Calendar, Task/Todo and Contact items from an EWS (Exchange) server. Syncing is done on a user settable poll interval. It will track changes on the server and update the local memory cache.
- Create, modify and delete calendar events and task/todo items. They will get synced immediately with the EWS server.
- Contacts are currently read-only.
- Search the Global Address List (GAL).
- Use contacts and GAL in address auto completion.
- During creation of a new calendar you can use the Exchange Autodiscover functionality (when enabled on the Exchange server) to find the right server and mailbox settings. Selecting the right folder is easy with the build-in folder browser.
- You can access any Calendar, Task or Contacts folder on your EWS server as long as you have the right primarySMTP or alias email address and enough permissions for the used user.
- Let it poll your inbox for meeting invitation request or cancellations. They will show up in your calendar.
- Manage how meeting invitations or cancellations are automatically handled (responded to).
- Add as many calendar objects as you wish and Lightning will allow.
- Manage “Out of Office”settings for each calendar mailbox (since TB 12 broken).
- Import ICS files.
- Export to ICS files. (Experimental: new since 1.8.0a4 not a full calendar yet only local memory cache)
- Manage and view attachments.
- User availability (Free/Busy) information.
- Currently in Dutch (Nederlands), English, French (Français) (Thanks to Dominique Fillon) , Swedish, Japanese and German (Deutsch) (Thanks to Christian A. Meyer) localizations. When you would like to make a translation for your language please let me know .
- Can work with Basic, Negotiate and Kerberos authentication. Please see this page for an explanation. No NTLMv1 or NTLMv2 on Linux.
- When Thunderbird is started or a new Calendar is added it can take some time to load and cache the items from the EWS server. Be patient it will all be loaded. After it is loaded it is fast because it will work with an local temporary memorycache.
- Because of the previous slowness. When you try to change, add or delete an item during loading this change might take some time to be synced to the EWS server.
- And those mentioned in the bugzilla.
- It is not possible to accept or decline assigned tasks. Microsoft does not provide the necessary API calls for this. Even OWA cannot do this. Only outlook.
If you think of a nice feature or functionality which currently is not available have a look at the feature request page.
If you find a bug in this add-on please report it at https://www.1st-setup.nl/bugzilla/.