(2014-10-21) As you can read I no longer maintain this add-on. But the guys from Ericsson have taken over maintanance. You can ask for features and get new versions from their github page: https://github.com/Ericsson/exchangecalendar/releases.
I will keep my pages online for the archive.
!!! The next information is old and outdated !!!
This is an overview of feature requests to add to the Exchange Calendar and Tasks add-on for Thunderbird Lightning.
- “Propose new time” function like in Outlook.
- Separate GAL and Personal Contacts folder.
- Read-Write access for contacts in the Addressbook.
- User selectable display of firstname and lastname in autocomplete results.
- Be able to set calendar which is read-write to read-only in Lightning (Bug 318)
Faster loading/start-up of TB.(available since version 3.2.0-Beta33)
- Local disc cache so you can work offline. (since 2.x available in READ-ONLY mode)
- tell me … firstname.lastname@example.org
- See more Exchange information like who created the event and when, etc… (Calendar properties available since version 1.7.13a2)
Accept or Decline received task requests.(Is not possible with current Microsoft EWS API)
- Make resource reservations.
Exporting larger time period (Currently only the local cache is export, default 2 months. This are all times ever download from Exchange since startup).Since 1.8.17 you can specify a period to load during startup.
- Manage calendar (folder) permissions from Lightning.
Show different timezones for startdate and endate (those specified in Outlook for example).(available since 3.2.0-Beta). Show events in category color selected in Outlook. (Thunderbird has it’s own configuration for this all ready)
- Automatically show a list of calendars shared by others accessible by you.
Save snooze/dismiss state(available since version 1.7.4). Faster shut-down/closing of TB. (available since version 1.7.4). Status information on how busy the add-on is. (available since version 1.7.6). Use usernames in the following format “email@example.com” without specifying the domain field. (available since version 1.7.12a3) Use add-on in Seamonkey(available since version 1.7.12a2) Converting “Exchange provider” add-on calendars to this add-on format. (Available in version 1.7.13a7) Show only Free/Busy/Tentative information for calendars you do not have full read access to. (not meaning the invitation dialog)(Will be available in 1.7.17 and is available in development version). Copy/clone of existing calendars.(Available since 1.7.15) Attachment management.(Available in version 1.8.0a25) Forwarding meeting invitations.(Available since version 2.x)
If you have a feature request please send and email to: firstname.lastname@example.org